Thursday, December 21

Sorry for the long silence. The last few weeks of December ended up being pretty intense.
1. I finished the semester. I am not satisfied with the semester, nor does finishing it have any real affect on the amount of work I should be doing, but for better or worse it is over, I am home, and I only have one more semester of college left.

2. We had Cabaret, and I had a ton of fun, and then I quit the social committee, and I feel very good about that.

3. Lydia kicked Plan's butt, and is moving out of the Manor and on to bigger and better things, and I will miss her.

4. I have major writing and revising to do and I am very overwhelmed and I don't want to do it.

5. There were too many Havard girls on my plane from Boston, and it made me cranky. Harvard girls are too skinny. What is that about.

6. Despite all my rhetoric, I still have no plans for next year or really the desire to come up with any. I am taking the GRE on January 9th and after that I'll know whether I should bother pretending any longer that I'm going to be moving up in the world.

7. I got a myspace: www.myspace.com/mymoodringsays. I am friends with M. Ward and Jen Lekman, and that makes me happy. Also Achewood.

8. I am an idiot and a failure and I cannot take a photograph to save my life and I will never finish this, and if I do it will be terrible, and there is no way I am as smart as I like to think I am, and I will never be thin and I will never be popular. It feels good to get that out.

1 comment:

Caitlin M. said...

First of all, the above (aside from indisputable truths such as the fact that you only have one remaining semester as an undergrad) is complete bunk. You are always saying that you aren't as smart as you appear -as though for the past twenty-plus years you have bamboozled the world with a grand charade of intelligence and charm. Pish tosh, Maggie. I am plagued by the same fears, that I am an intellectual stowaway amongst first class passengers with legitimate tickets to show that they belong (in an ocean-view room, a brand name college, a high paying job, in size 2 jeans, etc.). I have to remind myself everyday that I am a good person, an intelligent person, a talented person who deserves love and self-respect. Although I am continually dogged by follies and misadventures of all sorts, I keep telling myself that I will have a satsfying, happy life. I want to remind you of this, too. You are a wonderful woman -poised, stunningly well-spoken, beautiful, smart, a keen observer of human nature, hilarious, and an all-round delight. The world is your oyster. I know that is hard to believe -I have enough trouble believing those things about myself, and it has been (and remains) a momentous struggle this year, but please try. I love you.