Sunday, September 24

Last night Dan and I saw "The Illusionist," which was an extremely decent movie. There were some annoying ladies sitting behind us who felt the need to have a loud verbal commentary on the action, but it was ok. I love going to movies in downtown Brattleboro. Bratt is a really nice town.

Before the movie i picked up some film I had dropped off at Wal Mart. It was pictures of danville that I made last summer, and then two rolls of Florence that I assume I shot because it's all really boring pictures of like streets and stuff, and one roll of dropping me off at Marlboro freshman year (Let me tell you something, I am way prettier now).

I am now in my office, I have written like 6 pages of my Plan. But, it's really just the sort of BS part of the introduction where I talk about myself and try to make my readers understand why I care about aesthetics and civic identity in Progressive-era Chicago, and I think I've succeeded at that, but I don't think I've succeeded at making them think that they should also care about this. Point is, it's really cold in my office and I am boiling water in my hot pot to try to heat it up. It's warmer outside than it is in here but the windows are painted shut and the office is down a sort of long and twisted corridor, so there's like no way to get the warm air in. Dang. But me and evan are going to get the dehumidifier now so that might warm things up. Hurrah for machinery.

Here's a picture of the swamp that is sort of near my house:

2 comments:

Mad Tiger said...

I didn't write the intro bullshit part until a week before I sent my plan off. I guess I didn't feel it was important at all....

Miriam said...

I was going to comment on the last entry, but I was afraid you wouldn't see it. Anyhow, my friend Owen in Oxford was telling me how one of his tutors had suggested that he teach at Marlboro, and I was really surprised to hear that you get some classically-minded Oxfordians over there. Owen decided not to apply for the job because he wanted to stay in school. The End.