Monday, February 19

Proust Questionnaire

1.Your most marked characteristic?
I am almost never calm.
2.The quality you most like in a man?
Kindness.
3.The quality you most like in a woman?
The ability to not take herself seriously.
4.What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty and patience.
5.What is your principle defect?
I hold grudges.
6.What is your favorite occupation?
Photographing when I know I'm seeing things right.
7.What is your dream of happiness?
Enough money to be able to travel and to share beautiful experiences with friends and family.
8.What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?
To hurt a loved one through selfishness.
9.What would you like to be?
Rich and Thin. (Caitlin's answer, and one that I cannot improve upon)
10.In what country would you like to live?
A United States in which everyone is fed, educated, and allowed to see a doctor for free.
11.What is your favorite color?
Blue
12.What is your favorite flower?
Peony
13.What is your favorite bird?
blue heron
14.Who are your favorite prose writers?
F. Scott Fitzgerald, James Joyce, and for Plan stuff, Peter Bacon Hales.
15.Who are your favoite poets?
T. S. Elliot
16.Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
William Miller and Billy Costigan
17.Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?
Elizabeth Bennett and recently, Ginny Cook from A Thousand Acres
18.Who are your favorite composers?
Mozart and Yann Tiersen
19.Who are your favorite painters?
Magritte and Caravaggio
20.Who are your heroes in real life?
My parents
21.Who are your favorite heroines of history?
Jane Jacobs
22.What are your favorite names?
Sophie, Aidan (It's not my fault these names are super-trendy right now)
23.What is it you most dislike?
Again, Caitlin had it right--Bullshit in all forms.
24.What historical figures do you most despise?
George W. Bush, whoever I can blame for racism in America
25. What event in military history do you most admire?
I guess probably D-Day, but I don't know much about military history.
26.What reform do you most admire?
The Constitution of the United States
27.What natural gift would you most like to possess?
I wish I was more naturally kind and friendly to everyone.
28.How would you like to die?
Old and wise.
29.What is your present state of mind?
I am sort of at my wit's end, frankly, but that has more to do with lack of sleep and post-Boston letdown than anything else.
30.To what faults do you feel most indulgent?
Lying
31.What is your motto?
I don't think I have one.

No comments: